- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 1/2 sticks cold butter, diced ( 6 ounces)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup dried raspberries or cranberries
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
Preheat oven to 400°F. In large bowl combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt andgrated orange peel. Add butter; with pastry cutter or two knives used scissor-style, cut inbutter until it is the size of peas. Add eggs, one at a time and cream; mix just until blended.
Gather dough and place on floured surface; knead into a ball. Roll or pat dough to 1-inchthickness. With 3-inch round cutter, cut dough into circles. Place on parchment-lined bakingsheet, about 2 inches apart, re-rolling scraps as necessary.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until tops are browned and baked throughout. If desired, combineconfectioners’ sugar and orange juice; drizzle over scones.
Makes 6 scones.