Blueberry Corn Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar or other coarse sugar
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 10 muffin tins or line with 10 paper liners. Or cut ten 6” x 6” squares of parchment; place in 2 custard cups to form shape.
In medium bowl combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon to mix well. In large bowl combine buttermilk, brown sugar, melted butter, eggs and lemon peel. With wire whisk, mix well. Add flour mixture to egg mixture, just until mixed. Stir in blueberries. Sprinkle tops of muffins with coarse sugar.
Spoon mixture into prepared cups. Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.