Boardwalk Sausage & Pepper Pizza
- 8 oz sweet Italian sausages
- 1 green, red, yellow bell pepper cored and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 lb homemade, store-bought or pizeria dough
- 1 Tbsp exgtra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- basil sprigs for garnish
Preheat oven to 450F. Remove casings from sausages; crumble. In 12-inch skillet over medium heat cook crumbled sausages until well browned on all sides, stirring frequently. With slotted spoon, remove to plate. In drippings remaining in skillet over medium heat, cook peppers and onions until tender-crisp; remove to plate with sausages.
On a lightly floured surface, press or roll pizza dough into a 12 inch round, about 1/4 inch thick. Place on pizza pan or large cookie sheet. Brush top of dough with olive oil. Spread pizza sauce on dough to 1/2 inch from edge. Top with sausages, peppers, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
Cook pizza 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden. Sprinkle with basil sprigs.